Friday 15 June 2012

The Orca Cola Cup

Lots of the members of the Blood Bowl Tactics forum appear to be members of an competition called the Orca Cola Cup ("OCC"). Their website is here: http://www.orca-cola.com/beta/

This appears to be a long-running, large online league with players from all over the world. This seems to be Where It's At, in terms of online Blood Bowl action. I've decided to have a crack at it.

I've decided that, much as I like the idea of the long pass and high scoring games, I don't like the idea of my team being carved up, so again I've gone for a bashy team - Orcs this time. I've created a new team in the Snotling Soda League, which is the feeder league for the OCC - the idea is you level up your team in that league, and then transfer into the main league structure in due course.

I've gone for the max-strength version of the team, with 4 Black Orcs, 4 Blitzers, a Troll, a Thrower, a Lineman and 2 rerolls. The idea is to give the hitting players the chance to get lots of early MVP points and hopefully level up by the end of the season.

The league rules are quite extensive, and it all seems a lot more serious than the RPS leagues (which are immaculately run, but seem to be more laid back). I'll have a crack and post the results here. The season starts in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment